Thursday, June 8, 2017

Grizzly Bear’s Ed Droste Writes Moving Tribute to George Michael

Spoil me - I'm a DJ and I'm cute!

Grizzly Bear’s Ed Droste Writes Moving Tribute to George Michael

Ed Droste (of Grizzly Bear) has honored George Michael with a moving essay for Billboard in celebration of Pride Month. Droste begins, “As much as I want to say George Michael was a musical influence on me, his influence was actually much deeper for me as a child just hitting puberty around the time Faith came out.” He recalls his visceral reaction at an early age to the song “I Want Your Sex” and notes, “I had this innate sense of relating to him as a homosexual male, without even realizing my own sexuality nor him being out.” Droste concludes by discussing Michael’s continuing importance to him and how his legacy has guided him as a “teeny tiny gay indie public figure.” Read the full essay here.

Grizzly Bear’s new album Painted Ruins is due out August 18 via RCA. They’ve previously shared the songs “Three Rings” and “Mourning Sound.”

Read Pitchfork’s new interview with the band about their comeback.

Watch Grizzly Bear perform “Foreground” on Pitchfork.tv:


[Read More ...]

IN MY Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment